Yesterday, Shelly had a friend round to play and they sat drawing for a while..I love to peek from the side and see what they do while they chat away...and this is what Shelly drew...i instantly fell in love with this drawing...it seems to have such intensity..like she was really trying to say something...look how that tree is firmly rooted to the ground as opposed to the house..so colourful and soaring..

Of course, her friend Tomer told her that "you cant draw houses flying in the sky!!" and of course i quickly jumped in and said "its absolutely fine to draw houses flying in the sky!!"

It reminds me of Chagall's paintings...and also made me think of Shelly and how sometimes she seems to be in another world...flying...

flying...freedom...ecstasy...dream...

SUNSET
Smoothly...
flying sky high
She's like the wind...
Spread your wings and fly away...

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Very Wizard of Oz. I love it. And I have the same issues with my girls re: they can draw anything!
    Anonymous said...
    I love Shelly´s flying house idea!
    and I would have said exactly the same ;)
    beautiful links to fly away ...
    Janet said...
    How fantastically whimsical. I love the innocence of childrens drawings. We don't need to analyse them they just are! Great!!
    x
    Marieke said...
    Seriously, how cool would a flying house be?! I think Shelly's idea is quite excellent :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Heheee...before you mentioned the tree being firmly rooted, I thought it was a red-faced man looking very afraid to see that a house is flying towards him!! Love your beautiful links too.
    Anonymous said...
    i'm glad you encourage her to be creative! really, we need more flying houses in this world. i just love kid art. so special.
    Anastasia said...
    Shelly drawing is wonderful! I sometimes wonder whats going on in their little minds.
    paula said...
    Oh! the beauty of being a child. The freedom in their creative minds.
    The flying house is just superb.

Post a Comment