Sonnet 18
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair some time declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimm`d;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st:
So long as men can breath or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Shakespeare



I first joined Mariannes calendar swap in july and chose the month of november...lots of ideas running round in my head...excited at the idea of doing something a bit different...then Paula came up with 'calendar swap ll' which i couldnt resist and this time i chose springtime may!! Time passes...(way too quickly)...and suddenly its october..i began making my calendars starting off with november then moving onto may and actually finishing it!!!


With lack of time, i ended up compromising...i wanted to do more...but i really enjoyed the opportunity to do something a little different...some collage mixed with painting and drawing and generally felt free to experiment and play...
Two weeks ago i sent out the may pages...so here they are...

So far i have received Risa's and Gracia and Louise's beautiful pages with added goodies...thank you so much! What a great collection its going to be!!

I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone for your lovely birthday wishes yesterday!! I enjoyed every one of them which put a smile on my face!!! xxx

16 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I can spot a certain red tree with an owl that is now in my hot little hands... love.
    take care, grache
    devinemom said...
    how wonderful you pages are. i am still finishing up a bit on my pages but i am quite excited for things to start arriving. this has been such a fun assignment.
    Anastasia said...
    oh! Wow!
    simply stunning....its going to be one superb calendar!!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh, Julie, they are wonderful. So beautiful. Each of them a piece of art. You're unbelievable. Can't wait to see the November pages!
    lisa solomon said...
    l.o.v.e. your pages. just super special
    Anonymous said...
    All your calendar pages are so beautiful, when everyone's pages arrive it will be the best in the world! Oh, I so want one it's a shame I'm not artistic enough to take part-maybe next year? :)
    paula said...
    You are a star!
    They are all so beautiful and I'm happy I have one of these in my hands...to treasure.
    love
    paula
    Anonymous said...
    hope you had a lovely day :)
    beautiful may pages!! I´d love to have a calendar full of Julie art!!
    Anonymous said...
    What fantastic calendar pages, you will really enjoy marking off dates next year.
    Anonymous said...
    Your calendar page is great, it arrived safe and sound to our home just the other day. Thanks so much!
    Cheers LJ
    Anonymous said...
    I got it! Thanks Julie. Love it.

    And Happy Birthday, I hope you are still enjoying some of the pleasures of the day.
    Marieke said...
    They are all so wonderful. Glad one is residing at my house nowadays :-) xxx
    shari said...
    your calendar pages are stunning julie. i spy my little birdie! :) i'm afraid mine don't compare at ALL! still, i hope you'll like it.
    xox shari
    Anonymous said...
    what a fun project! and your pages are just stunningly beautiful!! (happy belated birthday) :)
    Anonymous said...
    GORGEOUS! All of them ;o)
    bugheart said...
    wow
    may is
    spectacular...
    love these calendar
    pages...
    why not sell
    prints of
    them!

Post a Comment