Im not sure if anyone noticed but i just took my biggest break from posting...we had a fantastic time camping (apart from the heat!) great friends, good food, an inflatable mattress and a great 4th birthday celebration for Shelly.. i cant wait for the next trip!!

Although ive been taking a 'time out' to recharge the old batteries, I have some love links from my web travels...
i love the discussion going on over at Shari's about inspiration...
i love the work of this artist
i love Camilla's new calendar (which reminds me that i have to get on and start mine for the calendar swap!!)
i love Marieke's recent line drawings over her collages
i love the 'herb' bag from this shop

I was so fired up by my visit to the flea market last week...i decided to make a collection to exhibit somewhere... so im in the middle of creating...

We are in the middle of holiday season here and have another holiday coming up on Friday - Sukkot - here is a drawing Shelly did of the sukkah from above!!! i love it!

happy wednesday!!

13 Comments:

  1. ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    i noticed you were gone, and missed you too! glad to hear you had such a lovely time. shelly has your talent for drawing - what a wonderful picture... welcome back!
    lisa solomon said...
    since i was on a break too.... i just caught up!

    hope you had a great time camping!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    good luck with the creating!! beautiful links and another charming drawing!! of course I noticed your break, I´d rather call it small ;)
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you Julie for all the great links, love the artist and I'm heading to read Shari's blog. It's cool that you enjoyed camping with friends and family, hope to see more holiday pictures!
    Anonymous said...
    I love Shelly's drawing of the Sukkah! She is talented you know... takes after Mum!
    Anonymous said...
    Loving your list of loves...
    take care, grache
    paula said...
    So happy that you enjoyed your camping trip... but so happy that you are back :)
    I also love the discussion over at Shari's. Unfortunately not the right time for me as I'm not inspired at all with everything nearly packed and a whole lot of annoying things going on over here I feel frustrated that I don't seem to be able to just enjoy and feel inspired... nevertheless I felt inspired once again by Shelly's drawings.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi there Julie,
    I noticed... welcome back. Glad your camping trip was fun.
    Cheers, LJ
    Anonymous said...
    i too have to get going on my calendar page! in a week i will be going away for 3 weeks and i need to get as much done before i go...tonight, i promise, tonight...
    shari said...
    don't worry julie. i haven't started my calendar pages either!

    glad to hear camping was fun. i haven't been camping yet this fall and i so want to go.
    xo s
    Anonymous said...
    Since I seem to be on a permanent break, more or less... you were gone and back in the blink of an eye! But nice to know you had a wonderful time, Julie.
    I keep my fingers crossed for your exhibition!
    Marieke said...
    It sounds lovely, Julie! Camping - haven't done it in quite a while. We're heaving into fall already: rain, cold... Happy B-day for the little artist!
    x
    Anonymous said...
    You are brave getting in that tent. Sounds like a great time though. I do love Shelly's art work always so cheery.

Post a Comment