One of my most favourite places to visit is the flea market in Jaffa. Its the only flea market i know of here and its actually quite expensive for a flea market...but...old things, found objects, second-hand, beautiful, crumbling old buildings...

...what could be a better way to spend the morning?..

After perusing for a while and picking up a couple of boxes we went to have breakfast in one of my favourite cafes - its situated in the center of the market and all the furniture, cutlery, crockery and decoration is from the market. While we were eating, i thought that it would be the perfect place to have my first exhibition!! The person i need to ask about this is abroad..so i hope i will be bringing up this subject again in a week or two!!

My camera is broken...hence the blurry photos.


After breakfast i found a few little things for Paula, Shari and Steph.



We are off camping tomorrow...so have a great weekend everyone xx

13 Comments:

  1. ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    ohhhhhh! i hope it is the shutters from the yellow windows, those are fantastic! lovely photos of what does indeed look like a perfect day.
    Anonymous said...
    what a lovely way to spend your morning! even expensive flea markets can be fun and inspiring (that's how i always felt about those in ny). good luck on getting the show!
    paula said...
    You put a smile on my face.
    Those old crumbling buildings are great and the place where you had breakfast sounds fab with all the findings from the market. I wish I had been there with you enjoying some tea.
    Something for me??!!! :)
    My fingers are crossed for this first exhibition...can't wait for the person to come back and get the good news.
    Have a great weekend camping...you'll love it...enjoy!
    xxx
    thebutterflycollector said...
    wow thanks for the tour of the market! Love the drss photo!
    Anonymous said...
    have fun camping :)
    nothing better than the flea market and having breakfast afterwards - lovely photos too!!
    Anonymous said...
    Your photos look great, wonderful and sunny. I love the quiet rustic look. Hope you get your work exhibited at the cafe, would be a lovely place to show your work. Have a great time camping!
    shari said...
    wow! what a fabulous place. i loved your photos despite your broken camera. oh such beauty!!

    hope you have a terrific time camping julie!! xo shari
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, so beautiful! I love the worn down buildings and your breakfast place sounds like my kind of place! Very inspiring..
    Anonymous said...
    Oh, yes... that is the perfect morning... flea market, found objects and crumbling buildings...

    Happy camping, grache
    Lina said...
    Thanks for sharing your perfect morning. Such beautiful photos, and I love the little red teapot!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Julie,

    Checking out a flea market is indeed the best way to past a lovely morning. I'm heading to a few antique shops this week, and I can hardly wait!

    I like the photo of the red kettle, the bands on the building behind it look like they are coming out of the kettle.

    Hope your camping trip was ace.

    Cheers, lj
    Anonymous said...
    Your first exhibition - sounds great! Keep my fingers crossed... x
    Anonymous said...
    That was me by the way, Marieke

Post a Comment