A little while back, Stephanie and I decided to do an art swap - surprise piece of art. I made a piece with a bird (Anna's Hummingbird) because Stephanie loves birds! Anna's Hummingbird is made from paper mache and the twigs are made from wire and paper. I made some handmade paper, embroidered them and added beads. And then I attached the leaves to the branches, which grew outside of the wooden box.
I sent it off to her and a few days ago, before she recieved the package, she posted on her blog about birds with an amazing photo! When I saw the photo, I freaked out... Isnt that weird?!!!

whipup

11 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Spooky. I don't think we are going to allow you to doubt our talent any longer. That is another fantastic piece.
    Megan said...
    Freaky! And lovely.
    Anonymous said...
    Julie, I am so glad you posted on my blog! Your work is wonderful - and very inspiring. Tell me more about this little bird, is it lifesize? What did you do the leaves out of? Is it paper mache as well? Love it, and love your work! I am adding you to my list of 'must read' blogs!!!
    P.S. your children are adorable!
    laura capello said...
    Kismit!
    Anonymous said...
    if weird is awesome...then Yes, it's weird... Both are beautiful too. 8-)
    Anonymous said...
    Wow! That is very neat. You guys were certainly on the same wavelength.
    ljm said...
    I like that quote in your title...
    sawdust bear said...
    that is such a gorgeous little bird-in-a-box.
    Artygal/Lalheg said...
    Oh that is breathtaking
    marcisenders said...
    This is incredible!
    Anonymous said...
    I like the coincidence here, looks like you did the art piece from looking at the photo! Isn't it cool when you begin to know someone and you get a sense of what they like?

Post a Comment