Ooh, we have been sick since last week with pretty bad flu - not fun at all.. we are still coughing but have our smiles back.


Today our electricity was turned off since this morning due to works in out street... i sat down with my ink, brushes and i-pod and began painting. Every day on the bus we go past these run- down buildings in Tel Aviv. They have lots of corrugated iron and i am mesmorized by them. I rarely get a window seat on the bus and am dying to get a few shots of these structures. I love the way the pieces of metal overlap and meet, each with its own colouring and degree of decay.. so beautiful. So with my brushes i wanted to try and get down this idea. Im not really happy with the results... will keep trying.




Without electricity (and my computer) i found myself doing other things... i danced around in the living room with my i-pod (only done when alone!) and looked through some old photo albums which I love doing. It reminded me to have more photos printed and that time flies by way too quickly!!!!



Happy Thursday - I know everyone is starting to enjoy spring colours and this post is all grey but they are happy greys :) xxx



13 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love your gorgeous grey experiments!
    Anonymous said...
    it's always nice to have an excuse to get away from computers...
    i love that you took the time to dance!
    Anonymous said...
    your greys have certainly made me happy!
    shari said...
    lovely grays. glad you are feeling a little bit better friend. xox
    Anonymous said...
    Love those warm greys, and feel better soon, g xx
    Ursula Achten said...
    Opening your blog I see you exercising...well known feeling and the best I can imagine.
    I think your work really catches you if you have to struggle and keep doing!
    I'm a huge fan of happy greys and I love your experiments!
    I'm happy, you're back to smiling and send you some recover-smiles!!
    KELLY said...
    i think it's actually a little blessing when things like electric stop working (as long as you get it back fairly quickly!) just look at the lovely things you did in that time. dancing joy is definitely a tonic that we all need to experience more often : ) i haven't thought about greys for quite a while but you show that they can be really beautiful. glad your smiles are back! have a relaxing weekend. xxx
    lisa solomon said...
    happy grays indeed.
    love the semi-abstraction watery feel....
    syko kajsa said...
    It made me smile imagining you dancing around in the living room, sounds like a great day! I love the painting that looks like a bed with a pillow!
    Anastasia said...
    Grey is a beautiful shade...love the images here!
    Anonymous said...
    Hope you are better julie. love your experiments with the ink, they have wonderful splatter effects. Great photo of the sky...glad you managed to fit in a bit of 'dancing' :)
    Anonymous said...
    very happy and beautiful greys, indeed! love your grey watercolors!
    amisha said...
    these grays are so beautiful... i can really get a feel for the textures in each experiment.
    so glad you are feeling better! xox

Post a Comment