i have really enjoyed people thoughts and posts on collections since Sharis and Lisas project last week!! I, of course, started thinking of my own...

rocks and stones
little elephants
pods and other found nature pieces
found papers and objects
used stamps
design magazines
tea cups and small jugs
Shelly has her collection of toys from Kinder eggs
and boxes, usually found...and then reused as in the picture above for showing other collections..
planning: a mini-art collection ;)

for me collecting is like a mini obsession...i get quite excited when i find a new piece to add to a collection...i wish we had second hand/thrift shops here...

11 Comments:

  1. mormar said...
    I just came home yesterday with a big bucket of new rocks to add to my collection.
    Anonymous said...
    i love your little montage in the paper-lined box. beautiful!
    and i can't wait to see your little art collection grow. i hope you'll share it!!!
    bh!
    lisa solomon said...
    love seeing your collections!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you for sharing your collection, I love that Shelly has her own :) I'm definitely with you on the design magazines, and wanting to collect art pieces too!
    shari said...
    great collections julie! we have many in common i think. xoxo ps: package is at post office waiting!!
    Anonymous said...
    love your mini-art collections!!
    great to see shelly become a future-collector :)
    Chara Michele said...
    love seeing your collections! it is neat to see what different people like to collect:)
    amisha said...
    so interesting to see people's collections... i love the way that you have displayed them (heart the box display in the top photo!) xo
    Anastasia said...
    love your elephants!! I have a few collections too...I can relate on the magazines..I cant seem to throw them away!
    Anonymous said...
    julie, your collections are beautiful. i really enjoy your flower/box vignette. it's so lovely.
    Ursula Achten said...
    Found nature objects / found paper...I agree. And my "children" could support Shelly's collection if she likes (or would this spoil the idea);))(leave me a note). And I love to collect flotsam on the beach and stones out of rivers. Those are like gifts, with share my home for a while before I give them away again.

Post a Comment