This time an Israeli artist who has a thing about sheep...

"Although recognised primarily as a sculptor, Menashe Kadishman is an artist whose artistic expressions are not restricted to a sole medium. Born in Tel Aviv, Kadishman has always questioned established ideals and materials, and chooses to follow his own whimsical impulses in his works. Through his works, he not only expresses his attachment to nature, but also his love of life.
In 1995, Menashe Kadishman started to paint sheep heads. Driven by a passion for nature and with admirable energy, he created more than one thousand different sheep portraits over two years. ..."
I think Kadishman's work could have subconsciously inspired this painting..
Anyway, it amazes me how someone can paint the same subject over and over again, and yet his passion is obvious in every painting. Notice the intensity in the eyes. Beautiful, bold and mesmerizing...

9 Comments:

  1. ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    those are wonderful - as is the sheep you linked to... i love that you post these inspirations.
    Anonymous said...
    More education. I have to be honest julie, I much prefer your painting.
    Megan said...
    They are remarkable, aren't they?
    paula said...
    I make mine wendy's words...your painting is superb.
    Ah! and I also love sheep.
    Veronica TM said...
    It amazes me also how one can stay motivated to work with the same thing, and it reminds me that it is something I have to work on and not try to jump from one thing to the other all the time.
    Thanks for sharing it Julie.
    laura capello said...
    i love how vibrant they are, yet they convey such moodiness.
    Anastasia said...
    Interesting subject to paint. I love your painting!!
    Anastasia said...
    are they sheep? Oops thought they were goats heehee I love goats milk and cheese!
    Anonymous said...
    That first one reminds me of a Chagall... but the third is my favorite.

Post a Comment