frieda

I enjoy working in so many different mediums. Since I remember i have loved working with my hands and spent hours and hours as a child drawing my shoes or copying things from pictures... building things from boxes and trying out all sorts of crafts. But for me, there is something very different about working with clay... i find myself wishing lately that i could go to ceramics class every day. The atmosphere is so good, the people are lovely and working with clay...
Above is a picture of Frieda (this is how i named my clay head which hasnt been fired yet) who i so enjoyed working on. She did have a big box attached to her but i decided to discard of it half way through. I also thought in the beginning that i would try and be less literate whilst trying to keep proportions correct... but in the end i paid a lot of attention to details in the face - a good exercise.



This is lovely Lety's lizard. I love its solidity and cant wait to see the colours Lety uses.

Roll on Tuesday eve :)

some recent ceramic faves:

nathalie derouet (via Hoping for Happy Accidents)

shida kuo ( i cant remember how i found this one)

ruth gurvich (via Jan)

And the weekend begins... xx

9 Comments:

  1. S'mee said...
    I'm so jealous. This looks like so much fun!
    lisa solomon said...
    there is definitely something about the feel of clay....
    Ursula Achten said...
    that's such a good feeling to work with clay..to see how each motion, each feeling leads to a certain impression on the clay-form. It's a kind of dance with the material.
    I'm happy that you're so happy with it :)
    Gracia said...
    Wonderful... and I wish I could join in! g xo
    Anonymous said...
    Frieda looks great! I love working with clay too, though I haven't for many years. xo lj
    Babelfish said...
    I remember looking at your past artwork, clay had been some of your early works. So lovely to see you picking it up again, love the details of this piece, so happy you are enjoying the course (I love the theraputic properties of working with clay).
    KELLY said...
    wonderful! your photos speak volumes of how much you're loving the classes. frieda is fab! be sure to let us see fired frieda too : )
    Anonymous said...
    you really work excellent with clay .... I get red whe I think that I did not advance beyond tiles ;))
    amisha said...
    love hearing about your work with clay, and seeing your new work... frieda is so wonderful, such expression in her face! xox

Post a Comment