It was great to take a short break this week although not much rest was had!!! and i have so much email and blog catching up to do!!

I have always loved the architectural features of tel aviv buildings... i like the way each building is so different from its neighbour. I love the way they have worn with time and the different balconies with peeks inside - each apartment could tell a few stories!! I also love the interaction between the buildings.. the angles, the back to back balconies...all quite a big mess but to me its so beautiful!!! I also have a thing for windows and doors... all this has been influencing me a lot lately....
'all the way up' - found papers, coffee and ink on cigar box lid


'time for some sleep' - found papers and ink on birch wood



'no.100' - found papers and ink on birch wood


I would like to wish Janet all the very best for her big day tomorrow - congratulations my friend!! And to wish you all a happy weekend xxx

15 Comments:

  1. eshu said...
    julie these all look beautiful, seriously wonderful works
    amisha said...
    i am loving these colors, these textures, these themes *so much*. absolutely beautiful work julie... it looks like your week's break was a very productive one! :)
    xoxo
    shari said...
    julie, we've missed you! so glad you are back and with such amazing collages. i love them all! warm wishes for a great weekend. xoxo
    Anonymous said...
    Welcome back! I can't see the pictures of your work here but found them in your shop, they're beautiful! I love the details and thought in every piece, so glad you had a creative time away.
    Anonymous said...
    Welcome back, Julie.
    Like Crust Station, I can't see the photos either ( I must have spent too long away from the computer... wink, wink... and I've forgotten how to blog). I'll check them out on etsy and perhaps view your post through firefox. I'm super keen to see your new collages. Super keen!
    take care, g xo
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    the new work is beautiful julie, the week off of the computer was good to you... but, i am glad you are back.
    Anonymous said...
    the depth in these textures are amazing julie!
    Ursula Achten said...
    Oh Julie, it's great what you come up with after this week!!! I totally relate to what you say about "old" cities landscapes!! I love that,too!!
    Anonymous said...
    this really was a very creative pause, your new work is wonderful!!

    love your "no.100"!
    Anonymous said...
    Love the collages, Julie. The bird's nest is wonderful.
    mormar said...
    YOu always make me want to come and see all of these wonderful sights!!
    These are just beautiful!
    Sarah said...
    The collages look great.
    Chara Michele said...
    I love these new collages!
    paula said...
    I continue to love the way you line draw over the collages.
    Amanda Jean said...
    love your collages! they are stunning.

Post a Comment