Despite strikes and very strange post men...i actually received some post this week...:) After reaching Israel and meeting the strange post men this parcel once decided to go back to England...but not this time...

Sweet Kellys box of presents arrived safely - i just knew that her handmade work would be beautiful - pictures do not do them justice. In the box were some chocolate eggs for my girls, magazine cuttings, a collection of songs that suit me down to the ground, some stamps (love used stamps!!) a gorgeous bookmark and a beautiful soft bag...

...a home for this stunning pear - such a treasured piece made by Kellys talented grandfather - such a touching gesture - thank you so much Kelly!!!

And a fantastic zine and lovely stamps from Louise and Gracia - thanks so much - it will come in very handy!!! and so will the stamps :)

12 Comments:

  1. KELLY said...
    phew! that parcel had been on a strange journey but so pleased it reached it's destination + that you like it. thanks for being a great friend! xxx

    p.s. wait 'til i show my grandad the photo on the computer...he'll be so happy!
    Anonymous said...
    Lovely parcels, Julie!

    So there's a mean postman in Israel as well?
    I had a similar experience in the Netherlands... :-(
    Anonymous said...
    How wonderful, I love that pear and beautiful handmade bag! Everything looks so lovely, and G&L's zine-how cool! Have a great time enjoying them all.
    Anonymous said...
    ah...a pear in the post! what could be better? a perfect gift for lovely julie. and so many other wonderful treats. i think if more people received wonderful packages like these the world would be a happier place.
    Amanda Jean said...
    oh, what lovely things to receive in the mail!

    my sister collects used postage stamps, so those made me smile. what do you do with them?
    mormar said...
    I love getting stuff in the mail, I can't wait for my picture.
    Thanks for the note today,.
    Anastasia said...
    suprises in the mail
    are Always nice!!
    beautiful pear!
    jessica said...
    that is beautiful pear.
    Anonymous said...
    Three cheers for mail arriving to your door... strikes & all. Enjoy LJ's zine, and being creative & clever with the stamps, Julie.
    take care, g xo
    amisha said...
    lovely mail! that pear is gorgeous. and kelly's work is beautiful!
    paula said...
    Beautiful! I specially like that special pear. So perfect...you deserve it.
    shari said...
    wow. i really really LOVE the pear. it reminds me a bit of the drawing you sent me! xo

Post a Comment