Look what arrived in the post this morning... Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing what an excellent book. Ive just flipped through it so far and will savour it for this evening on the sofa...


But it has been a long time since ive had some inspiration posts here and there are plently of amazing artists in this book so i will be showing some of them here... and today im starting with Marcel Dzama...



Although i have yet to decide what i think of the interesting ideas behind his work...I do love the simple line work in his paintings and his choice of earthy colours and faded watercolour feel...

I especially love this work called Family Tree - its a drawing on 16 sheets of paper and done in ink and watercolour.


happy thursday friends xxx

11 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ooh, thanks for sharing the internal pages of this book, I am tempted even more to get it and it's already on my wishlist! I love the family tree painting, how adorable.
    Anonymous said...
    "family tree" is brilliant - thank´s for sharing!!!
    shari said...
    love marcel dzama. your new book sounds delightful. xo
    lisa solomon said...
    i heart marcel....

    i got to see a show of his in NY... there's a funny picture of 3-d sculptures in my flickr stream [in the art by others set]. i also bought a tree figurine of his! :)

    also LOVE the new work in your shop. gorgoues [sorry too lazy to post on that post]
    Anonymous said...
    'Family Tree" was the very image that I just fell in love with when I first picked up this book...I haven't bought it yet but perhaps I'll drop a few hints for my birthday this year...enjoy your treat tonight!
    Anastasia said...
    the family tree is wonderful!! looks like a great book!
    amisha said...
    i too love 'family tree,' and the colors and lines in this work. enjoy your book... thank you for sharing this inspiration! :)
    Jade said...
    I LOVE vitamin D! I LOVE Marcel Dzama! I got the book when i was in Melbourne last year. The books and paper i bought weighed down my suitcase so much they nearly didn't let me on the plane. My partner had to lift it when necessary, i just couldn't do it. But it was so worth it!
    paula said...
    I like the last piece by Marcel Dzama. Again it reminds me of those patterns I mention before.
    Anonymous said...
    i love this book, i could pour over it for hours and i never tire of going back through it. there is another one on painting that i want to get too.

    and i love love love marcel dzama too!!
    Marieke said...
    I think it's one of my favorites for inspiration... Not only the drawings but the design of the book too Love!

Post a Comment