We began this lesson with the drawing of a pot..we are now in a routine where Yuval doesnt ask any questions...she knows we start with a quick life drawing with shadow.

I know how much Yuval loves sticking down papers so this week i showed her this picture...

...made from torn pieces of magazine pages. I love how the colours mix and how you can use different shades of one colour to produce light and dark areas. It also gives the idea of mosaic tiles which i will talk to Yuval about in the next session. I told her she could choose something from nature and she chose and drew a ladybird on a piece of A3 paper. She tore up different pieces of red, orange and pink paper and started sticking them on the drawing...

definitely fun and relaxing...

9 Comments:

  1. Marieke said...
    Who doesn't love glueing paper! I do for sure ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    I love this torn paper art, it's beautiful. Yuval's work is so neat!
    Anonymous said...
    I loev your art lesson posts - it looks so much fun!
    bugheart said...
    wow...
    what a great ladybug...
    i love doing
    color collages!
    :)
    Anastasia said...
    Oh it looks wonderful! I love your bee collage as well - beautiful!
    happy creating in 2007!!
    paula said...
    Fab! Love that bee, so cute!
    It is great to know wthat you are enjoying yourself.
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    lovely. i am so inspired by yuval's work every time you post about your classes...
    lisa solomon said...
    am still in awe of the line quality yuval has.... :)
    Anonymous said...
    I love the red bee inspired ladybird - I want to see it finished! :-)

    Happy new year girl!

Post a Comment