Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on my last post...

I have been writing my blog since April..not that long...but in this short space of time, i have made some really wonderful friends. One of the frustrating things about blogging is being so far from everyone and not being able to meet...although i will meet some of you one day i do enjoy conversations on Messenger, emails, swaps and of course wonderful comments!! Yesterday i read Gracia's lovely post - it made me think about how we get so much out of the fact that in our blog community we live in such varied countries!!!
We dont celebrate Christmas here but i am so enjoying all of your posts leading up to christmas - lovely handmade decorations, festive foods and thoughts, I almost feel i will be celebrating with you!!! I wish you all a very happy Christmas (and the lead up to it)...egg nog and all!!!!

One of the first friends i made through my blog is Wendy - we just clicked from the beginning and have since become very close! Today I received this beautiful handmade bag from Wendy for my birthday!!! Of course she also included some goodies...THANK YOU lovely Wendy!!!!


I found this leaf and the above flower on the way home from picking up Shelly today. The flower looked so beautiful lying on the pavement alone...and i love the rusty look of the leaf...


Happy Tuesday!!

15 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I am so glad you like it. I only posted it a few days ago so it got there quickly. It has been my absolute privilege to meet you through blogging.
    Anonymous said...
    What a beautiful bag! I am glad you enjoy this blogging community as much as I do. I was also touched by Gracia's post and how true that blogging breaks all barriers of distance and culture. Thank you for your gentle and delicate artistic spirit, will be celebrating Christmas with a star for you here in the UK.
    shari said...
    oh, we just have the best blogging community! :) i'm so glad to have gotten to know you a bit better. i love that we are all over the world. it's amazing and beautiful and touching. have a great day julie!
    xoxo shari ps: love the flower and leaf.
    Anonymous said...
    it is amazing, isn't it? and so hard to explain to people who don't blog! friends here are always complimenting the objects i have around my apartment, and i'll respond with "oh my blog friend from barcelona sent that to me" or "i bought that from this great duo in australia" and they just look at me funny. but i think the past two years would have been much more difficult for me without my blog.
    and i too love those photographs. i love the wood background.
    amisha said...
    hi there,
    i have just discovered your blog... hello! i am a new person to blogging and i definitely agree with what you have written... it is such a warm community!
    lovely photos of the flower & leaf... i too really like the contrast of the warm wood background.
    Anonymous said...
    really beautiful post and a lovely bag!!
    would love to go on a photoshoot with you some day, for now I´m enjoying your photos from my part of the world :)
    Anonymous said...
    Happy birthday:))). The bag frome Wendy is very lovely (lucky you!!):)
    Anonymous said...
    I think Gracia summed up this great friendship we all have found just perfectly. It's always a joy to read your blog.
    Thanks for the Christmas cheer.
    Cheers, lj
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks, Julie. I'm so glad you felt a connection with my post... I tried not to let the words become too tangled which is often tricky when writing about something so dear. I love to visit your blog, to walk alongside you and explore your environment... maybe one day I'll be able to comb the flea markets of Tel Aviv with you or sit in on one of your art classes. Enjoy that beautiful handmade bag from Wendy... what a rich and wonderful little blog world we have found!
    take care, g
    Anonymous said...
    thank you for this beautiful post, julie! i find it the most amazing thing about blogging to communicate with people all over the world and have little windows to their worlds! lovely leaf :)
    KELLY said...
    dear julie, i completely agree with your sentiments... and i'm so happy to have got to know you through this community :) i've gained so much inspiration over the 6 months since i stumbled into blogging + so enjoy the connections we make...sometimes it feels like we're all just around the corner from each other + then there's all the wonderful extras of finding how being spread out around the world can bring new discoveries every day. x
    paula said...
    It's magical isn't it?
    Anastasia said...
    What a sweet bag!
    I love this blogging community too - just wish I had more time to chat and share....
    we were talking with some friends about whats been memorable during 2006 and I said discovering the world of blogging...they all looked at me strangely but Im sure u gals would understand
    bugheart said...
    yes yes...
    i know
    the feeling
    of being
    too far from
    everyone...
    wish we
    could have tea...
    xo
    Marieke said...
    I know. Isn't it the best? All these inspiring people from all over the world with their own traditions, like you! xxx

Post a Comment