We started this week off with drawing a wooden elephant ornament...

We then talked about Matisse and these two works of his inparticular...

blue nude

the snail

and about collage. Yuval liked 'the snail' - a great picture to use with children..the simple shapes, the colours and the snail!!! I asked her why it was called 'the snail' and she pointed it out to me!!

I told her to start by drawing a little still life arrangement i set up..

and that we would colour it with paper...all different kinds..

She started off with a wonderful drawing and i showed her how to cut and tear pieces of paper...and how she could overlap different colours ...


Yuval has really opened up to me and the atmosphere is great... she seems to really enjoy our time...as i do!!! We will continue this next week...

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Those four drawn elephants... so wonderful, and another great, creative lesson!
    take care, grache
    Anonymous said...
    yes, love those elephants too :)
    you´re doing a great job!!
    Anonymous said...
    I love her elephant drawings and the still life is beautiful, love the careful tearing and sticking of papers. It's great that Yuval is enjoying the lessons as much as you do.
    Marieke said...
    Matisse is one of my favorite painters, and very accesible for children too. I remember when I was young, my parents and I visited the Matisse museum in France which had a children's class too. They had problems dragging me to the car! xxx
    paula said...
    Matisse is of my favourite painters too. I specially like the freedom he had during the last periods of his live. I love his collages. And it is great that you are showing all these inspirations to children.
    Anonymous said...
    I love those elephant drawings. You should look up the Outsider Art movement and the work of Jean DeBuffet..I think it might be quite an inspiration for you and your journey to developing your style.

Post a Comment