I was asking for something specific and perfect for my city,
Whereupon, lo! upsprang the aboriginal name!
Now I see what there is in a name, a word, liquid, sane, unruly, musical, self-sufficient;

(from Walt Whitman's poem - Mannahatta)

After exactly five months of writing on my blog, i have made some amazing friends, passed the 100th post mark and finally feel settled in my tiny corner of blog world. I have also started producing a steady flow of work... and i now feel that i need to change my name. Its important for me as an image for my work when i go to sell it and i dont think that 'handmaid' is right. Any ideas?

7 Comments:

  1. paula said...
    Finding a name is though. Many times the best ones come when we are relaxed and not thinking about it.
    I will let you know if I find something as beautiful as you.
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    what paula said.... exactly.
    this will give me something to think about while i work today.
    marianne said...
    food for thought...I'll let you know if the inspiration hits me!....congrats on reaching the magic 100...looking forward to the next 100 posts!
    lisa solomon said...
    well congrats on 100....

    a name is a very important thing, huh?

    i think you will find the right one... as paula said - just let it come to you.... [but if i think of something i'll let you know!]
    Anonymous said...
    Happy reaching 100! Mine is just around the corner.

    If I think of a name, I'll let you know too.

    Cheers, LJ
    Anonymous said...
    That's as difficult as to come up with a 'short nordic name for a baby boy' as my sister has asked me to... Names. They are all and nothing at the same time... I guess you are keeping us all thinking for a while, Julie.
    julie said...
    Thank you for helping me think - its a toughie!! It is so important, as Lisa says...

Post a Comment