This week i got some more gorgeous post - this time from lovely Marianne. She sent me one of her fantastic paper packs (check them out) full of 'found papers', vintage wallpaper and stamps and a beautiful handmade needle book in the form of her signature apple and a great cd for the girls. THANK YOU Marianne - you are so generous! Your parcel is in the making ;)


Shelly has a new nursery teacher this year who is actually an actress/director. Shes wonderful - full of such positive energy. I absolutely love the theatre world (more so in London) and my dream job would be working on the sets. Im still dreaming...
anyway...a couple of days ago i found a massive box from a fridge someone had just bought. I dragged it home and decided to turn it into something for the kids to play in in nursery. I turned one side into an ice-cream shop (Shelly helped me with the pics of the ice-creams) and the other side into a puppet theatre!!! I would have worked more on the details but it went outside and will probably be ruined by the rain in a couple of months! Its amazing how much fun kids can have from a cardboard box!!!

9 Comments:

  1. paula said...
    Great paper packs over at Marianne's.
    How much fun your cardboard box. I love the idea of an ice-cream shop.
    You reminded me of a little shop in Convent Garden that sells little theatres.
    http://www.pollocks-coventgarden.co.uk/
    I used to love going in there it was like walking into an imaginary world.
    Have a good day and enjoy playing with your wonderful creations.
    Anonymous said...
    working on a theatre set would be perfect for you!! I love what you did with that cardboard box - you´re a very talented mom :)
    Anonymous said...
    That is great i love it's dual function. I bet you are in there playing secretly not the girls.
    jessica said...
    great box recreations. how wonderful to play in.
    Anonymous said...
    the packs from marianne are great aren't they? And how cute is that box. I did something simliar but made it into a oven/cupboard/washing machine.... but it didn't seem to actually do any cooking or cleaning for us! I like your idea heaps more.
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    that is so charming! i love the ice cream shop too... what a great mom you are.
    Anonymous said...
    This is great, your painting and idea has made this cardboard box into the coolest toy ever for children!
    Anonymous said...
    Those paper packs will keep you busy. Perhaps a similar idea will work with the kids too, though using different found and recycled papers?
    cheers, LJ
    Anonymous said...
    What a great idea. I bet the children have a huge amount of fun with it.

Post a Comment