With the decision of creating a 'nature wall' - a wall made up of many small pieces of art which are linked to nature - it has given me some much needed focus...it allows me to explore different ideas and mediums and makes up an ongoing collection...
So far i have finished 2 'new species' and started a couple of other pieces..but here is the next finished piece for the wall...

it is made up of layers and layers of papers and drawings...i really enjoyed creating it because its unpredictable... its ...erosion, weather, wear, layers, texture, strata, time...
- like poster-boards which have many layers of old posters or layers of wallpaper, the colours, textures, history...i am very excited about exploring this idea further!!!

'new species' 1 and 2


Some things that are making me smile this week...

- Sharis Compound Word Project - Fantastic!

- These beautiful handmade shoes - 'Grass' to keep with our nature theme!

- Shellys wonderful drawing - shes not even 4 yet!! look at those birds flying in all directions...and the nest in the tree!!

Happy thursday everyone!!!

11 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Beautiful work, Julie. (And Shelly of course too! Her caterpillar drawing is still right up here on my inspiration wall :-))
    Anonymous said...
    I love the butterfly. All those birds are smiling how lovely is that. Obviously she has taught you well.
    paula said...
    I really like that work of yours with layers and layers of paper and the idea of erosion and texture.
    I know those shoes and I love them but cannot get them here and there is no internet shopping...besides I believe them to be extremely expensive.
    Shelly´s work is fab and I just wish I could be as free to create such extraordinary birds. I love her flowers drawing you sent me.
    Sometimes less is more as van der Rohe would say...but only sometimes because I'm not a minimalist. I only like parts od it.
    Enjoy your day!
    <:)
    Anonymous said...
    Shelly's drawing of all things in nature is a hoot... and I'm loving guessing my way through Shari's Compound Word project.
    Happy Thursday to you too!
    cheers, g
    Anonymous said...
    I love the nature wall, so organic and beautiful.
    shari said...
    julie,
    the nature wall is fantastic. love the idea! glad you are enjoying the cwp. shelly's picture is wonderful too. xo s
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    you obviously have taught shelly well. i like the erosion piece very much. and the link to the shoes? so wonderful, which of course lead me to origins and now i have to spend all my free time going to each artist's site. thanks!
    Anonymous said...
    Your wall is amazing! Shelly's drawing is superb. So alive...obviously taking some inspiration from you. Or, is it the other way around? **Happy Thursday to you too!
    Anastasia said...
    your new artwork is gorgeous - looks like textured tree bark.
    Shelly's drawing is wonderful!
    will go check out your links.
    Anonymous said...
    layers and layers of beautiful things!!
    love shelly´s painting and those cute birds :)
    jessica said...
    love the nature wall.
    shelly's drawing is lovely.

Post a Comment