me...

Continuing on from the last post...even though we are still in the middle of this burning summer, i really feel the need for renewal, cleansing of the soul, of my life, change - I have been thinking about my art, what i really want to do.. and I am trying to find more direction, more structure I think - anyway with all this contemplating I wanted to join Abigail and Marieke and make a list of my loves in life...who I am..
I love ... found objects, acrylic paint, blue, grass, embroidery, big open skies, going barefoot, paper, william morris, sculpture, dried flowers, heavy watercolour paper, boxes, tea with milk, kitkats, soulmates, typography, paula rego, driving in the car at night with the radio on, mangoes, trees, design magazines, taking photos, creating, moleskines, hot chocolate, wool, horses, growing my own herbs, swimming, flea markets, wood, apples, butterflies, used stamps, the moon, picnics, watercolour pencils, decorating, jigsaw puzzles, organic forms, stripes, my family, inspiration boards, coffee shops, botanical prints, old encyclopedias, art and design books, dragonflies, sitting on the floor, autumn, spring, Ireland, giving and receiving pieces of art, detail, creme brulee, cezanne, looking up at the sky through the trees,matte finish, vintage wallpaper, second-hand shops, green, ceramics, italy, bougainvillea trees, handmade, re-vamping, smell of lavender, theatre, sketching, european films, studying arts, bonsai, painting, fresh food, roots, jellyfish, soul music, making lists, day dreaming, cappuccino, pillow fights, postcards, texture, watermelon, Lucian Freud, being spontaneous, vanilla, the v&a museum, mucha, to live...
what would your list be?

12 Comments:

  1. Anastasia said...
    I love this!!! thanks for the peek into the things you love
    I might give that a go too!
    lisa solomon said...
    what a great list... i love how you slipped in lucian freud too :)
    Lina said...
    I love this! It really makes you notice the small special things in everyday life.
    Anonymous said...
    Stripes... I love stripes, oh and old encyclopaedias too, the colour green - another fave... and the marvellous V&A museum - I could get lost in there! So many wonderful 'loves' you have listed... found objects, barefoot...
    take care, grache
    shari said...
    i never tire of lists. i make them constantly. yours is quite lovely.
    paula said...
    Love most of your loves... :)
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    what a wonderful list! creme brulee??? would be at the top of the list for me!

    -s
    Veronica TM said...
    I think this is a wonderful way to start renewing, cleansing the soul and finding direction.
    Love your list, I made on a while back in my inspiration journal, I may post it soon. Thanks for the idea Julie!
    bugheart said...
    i with shari...
    i love lists!
    it's amazing
    how a string of words
    can tell you
    so much about
    a person.
    Anonymous said...
    Great list Julie! I love lots of items on there. Driving the car at night with music on is an excellent one...
    weirdbunny said...
    Did you draw those tree's they are fantastic.
    amy said...
    love it...how could i have forgotten the color green? i absolutely love it...see that's why my list was short! :)

Post a Comment