Paula and I have been chatting and when she started 'monday drawings', we thought maybe we could do them together (anyone is welcome to join in)... one of us will provide a word and do the drawing according to our interpretation of that word.
So, Paula gave the first word of 'moonlight' and I tried to find a clever twist on the word - but in the end, decided to go for a straight drawing of the moon!! I thought about it being a pretty boring picture but then I started drawing the beautiful warm blue/lilac sky fading into pink with the bright white cresent shape, floating up there... It was so calming to draw - with various shades of blue, purple, pink, yellow and orange. Sometimes the process of the drawing or painting or any piece of work is more important than the outcome.
If anyone would like to join - the word for next week is - 'doll'

7 Comments:

  1. paula said...
    As you say the process of the drawing and flow to which we become involved are more important the the outcome. I love the colours you have used...the blues and pinks...
    I'm sorry if I made it difficult...
    I'll try to be a bit easier next time.
    Have a wonderful day!
    bjs
    paula
    Violet & Rose said...
    I think the colours and the way they tone together is wonderful. Well done. Sounds like a fun thing to do. If only I could draw!
    shari said...
    i have been playing around with watercolors and it is totally ALL about the process and about playing with color and shape.

    love your happy moon! xo s
    Veronica TM said...
    I really like your drawing Julie! Thank you for the invitation to participate, I will see if I am brave enough to show my drawings to the world.
    laura capello said...
    I love your moon... so awesome.

    Doll? Hmph. I've never been all that good with bodies.
    Anastasia said...
    i will give it a go for next week
    do we post on the Monday??
    Anonymous said...
    I like your simple drawing.

Post a Comment