This morning was spent tidying my studio/spare room.. what a mess!!...
I love collecting junk, pieces of everyday objects, lost bits of my daughters games, things Ive picked up from the street, odds and ends from the past - and somehow incorporating them into my work.
Todays inspiration - Lucy Casson - does this in a fantastic way! She works mainly with metal, especially tin and creates these wonderful scenes with incredible details. I love the way she recycles objects and turns them into "cartoon-like characters (which) are based on the working people she sees in markets and factories in the city". Her use of colour is great, emphasising the original colours of the found tins.

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Oh are'nt they wonderful and look really friendly. That is not junk you collect it is little pieces of treasure waiting for it's debut in life.
    paula said...
    amazing find...I want to know morw about lucy casson. thanks for this...It's really me.
    ruby-crowned kinglette said...
    i love love love your inspirations... i didn't know of lucy casson before your post, thank you. her work is wonderful! you have marvelous taste. but i think we all knew that.
    Anastasia said...
    These are adorable little characters! I love your posts about artists Ive never heard of - great!!
    Anonymous said...
    I've met lucy casson she came to our school to make similar models with us =)

    The materials she uses are sharp though and kind of hurts your hands

Post a Comment